The Spring Art Tour 2022
June 3-4-5 2022
1st weekend in June,
annually since 2007, we have held this Mount Horeb area open studios tour. The family-friendly, FREE event combines the work of professional artists against the backdrop of the Driftless Region of western Dane County.
Tour the rarely seen Open Art Studios in Mount Horeb and surrounding areas.
Watch these inspiring artists create wheel-thrown pottery, jewelry, oils & watercolors, sculpture, and much more
Artist’s studios are located within a radius of about 20 miles of the Mount Horeb area. The boundary extends to Sauk City/Prairie du Sac, Ridgeway, New Glarus, Blanchardville, Belleville, West Middleton, Paoli, and areas in between – as well as the original areas of Verona, Cross Plains, Black Earth, Blue Mounds, and Mazomanie.
Applying for the Spring Art Tour 2022
We are always looking for new quality artists to include in this popular event. Please read the criteria below carefully to see if you qualify to apply. Applications become available online (or by email request) annually early in August. Deadline to apply is January 15 2022.
There is a Selection Committee comprised of professional artists who review applications, artworks, and artist statements. Selection takes place in early January and applicants are informed of their decision soon thereafter.
Any Wisconsin artist 18 years or older who can meet eligibility requirements listed in this application are invited to apply.
- Hold or obtain a PROFESSIONAL membership in MHAAA ($40)
- Complete individual SAT application annually ($140)
- Have, share or obtain studio space within a 21-mile radius of downtown Mount Horeb. Exhibition area includes Barneveld, Black Earth, Blanchardville, Blue Mounds, Cross Plains, Mazomanie, Mount Horeb, New Glarus, Prairie du Sac, Ridgeway, Sauk City, Verona, and West Middleton.
- The SAT Selection Committee uses its own discretion in selecting artists
- Provide a valid e-mail address and monitor for SAT communications
- Applications are due by 11:59 pm 12/31/2021
- Late applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm 01/15/22 ($170 includes late fee)
- If applicant not selected for the tour, MHAAA will refund the tour fee minus applicable bank charges
- Demonstrate and/or describe their creative process for visitors during the tour
- Obtain and return SAT materials
- Obtain business insurance. MHAAA and grant organizations will not be held liable in any way
- Collect visitor data for purposes of future grant writing and promotion. MHAAA plans to offer digital visitor data collection. MHAAA members using paper sign-in system will be responsible for data entry due June 10, 2022 11:59 pm.
- All participating artists must be at their studio or exhibit space and available throughout the Spring Art Tour weekend. Please make appropriate meal and break plans.
Please read carefully and follow the guidelines to avoid your application being returned.
- Three (3) digital samples of current work in .jpg format with size of 5” x 7” at 300 dpi (2100 pixels on the longest side)
- A digital photo of you, preferably at work in your studio, in .jpg format with size of 5” x 7” at 300 dpi (2100 pixels on the longest side)
- Images must include the artist last name and title of image in the following format: ARTIST LAST NAME_apples in a bowl.jpg (as an example) or ARTIST LAST NAME_self portrait.jpg (as an example)
- Images will be used in website, brochure, social media and marketing materials
- Biography and/or artist statement
- A short description of your creative demonstration or discussion
- A brief description regarding accessibility to your studio or location
Relish the ride!
Connect the dots on our map and artist locations list (coming early Spring 2022) to create your own unique Spring Art Tour