Apply to the Spring Art Tour
We are always looking for new quality artists to include in this popular event. Please read the criteria below carefully to see if you qualify to apply. Applications become available online (or by email request) annually early in August. Deadline to apply is October 31st.
There is a Selection Committee comprised of long-time participating artists who review applications, artworks, and resumes. Selection takes place early in November and applicants are informed of their decision by mid-November.
Spring Art Tour Application (2018 application available on 8/1/17)
- Artist must be a working professional artist.
- Artists who live/show artwork within a radius of about 20 miles of the Mount Horeb area are invited to apply. IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a new expanded boundary which now extends to Sauk City/Prairie du Sac, Ridgeway, New Glarus, Blanchardville, Belleville, West Middleton, Paoli, and areas in between - as well as the original areas of Verona, Cross Plains, Black Earth, Blue Mounds, and Mazomanie.
- Artist must have email address.
- Artist must be willing to open their studio to the general public. If this is not possible, then an acceptable alternate exhibition/demonstration location must be provided - or chosen from the alternate Exhibition Spaces List.
- Artist must provide image samples of all media for which he/she intends to display.
- Membership is required of all Spring Art Tour applicants. Therefore, an application fee of $115 must be accompanied by an additional fee of $20 for MHAAA membership. The MHAAA meets quarterly on the 2nd Tuesday of the months of February, May, August, and November. There is usually also an MHAAA Chamber Network Social. This event also includes our annual Raffle Drawing fund-raiser. Attendance at these meetings is encouraged, but optional.
- Artist must be at his/her studio or exhibition space throughout the Tour weekend (Friday through Sunday on the first weekend in June). Departure for anything other than brief meals, bathroom breaks, or an unforseen emergency is unacceptable and is grounds for exclusion from future Spring Art Tours.
- Credit Card acceptance is highly recommended but is not required.
- Artist must demonstrate and/or describe his/her creative process for visitors during the Tour.
- A minimum of 1 artwork will be provided for a preview exhibit and/or Silent Auction fund-raiser (if scheduled).
- Pick up and return of Tour materials (brochures, signs, etc.) is the artist’s own responsibility.
- Artists are responsible for their own insurance. The MHAAA and grant providing organizations will not be responsible for damage, loss or injury. Your signature on this application is a statement that you and your studio location are insured.
- Each artist must use the standardized guest list provided during the Tour for purposes of future grant writing and promotion. This must be given to the Coordinator within 1 week of the event.
- Artists must respond to all Tour Coordinator requests in a timely manner.
- Volunteering for MHAAA is required. This means as little as 1-2 hours annually, but additional help is always appreciated.